I bought some ginger wine from the airport. It was a big bottle… Andy doesn’t like it, he thinks it’s too sweet. I cannot finish it alone so I improvised and did this ginger wine chicken. Along with stir fried 小白菜喵， and old cucumber soup with sweet corn.
Ginger wine chicken
- Five chicken thighs, chopped to three pieces
- Dried black fungus
- Old ginger
- Dried chestnuts
- Ginger wine
- Sesame oil
- Cooking oil
- Light soy sauce
- Dark soy sauce
- soak the black fungus in water for about one hour
- soak the dried chestnuts for 2 to 3 hours… side note here, you can try it with fresh or even packet chestnuts. Dried chestnuts take a long time to cook but it really pays off… they are sweet and so delicious.
- stir fry the ginger in sesame and cooking oil.
- when its fragrant, add in chicken and stir fry till browned.
- then, add in the chestnuts and black fungus.
- add in the ginger wine, here I added enough to cover the chicken. Stir in one tablespoonful of light and dark soy sauce. If the mixture is too thick, add in some water.
- Keep cooking till chestnuts are soft, about two hours.
An all time favourite!