First of all, very sorry about the long silence. We’re running short on fish supplies these few weeks as Mr Gan hasn’t been out to the sea. But there are 3 trips coming up and so watch this space!
Ok so today, I’ll share with you a stew that’s real simple to put together. I didn’t have to add any additional flavouring at all other than miso. A real healthy, simple meal.
- Half a fish head
- One packet of big-headed bean sprouts (those you see at Korean restaurant)
- Quarter of a small pumpkin
- One cucumber
- One big tomato
- Miso (3.5 tablespoons for a full pot of soup)
- 2 tablespoons of cooking sake
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Heat up about 2 tablespoons of oil, stir fry the bean sprouts for about 2mins.
- Pour in water (ok sorry I don’t have exact measurements here but I am using a Chinese wok and I had the water till about half full)
- Bring the water to boil, then put in the fish, stir in the miso
- Put in the tomato and cucumber
- Let it boil for about half an hour to 45 mins. Then put in the pumpkin and tofu.
- Dish up and serve!
Feel free to experiment with different types of vegetables – this is the best combination yet. If you want to go for a vegan option, go for it, omit the fish and milk. I found that it still tastes great.